Tomorrow/today is the First Sunday of Advent. The Christmas Season Schedule is available at the reception and at the religious book stall. Kindly pick up your copy. Our Parish Bulletin, Bosco Beams is also ready. Zonal leaders are requested to kindly pick up your copies for distribution.
The English Prayer Group is organizing Advent Konkani Retreat tomorrow/today from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. conducted by Fr. Rosario Vaz and team in the A.V. Hall. Registration @ Rs. 75/- per head to be given at the parish office or the English prayer group members. Retreat includes Mass in Konkani.
Jayraj Nagar Zone will celebrate their Annual Thanksgiving Mass tomorrow/today at the 10.30 a.m. Mass followed by a get-together in the multi-purpose Hall.
Gorai 1 Zone will celebrate their Annual Thanksgiving Mass in honour of Guardian Angel tomorrow/today at the 5.30 p.m. Mass followed by a get-together in the multi-purpose Hall.
The English wing of the Bible Cell will meet tomorrow/today after the evening Mass.
Lectors will have a workshop tomorrow/today at 6.30 p.m. in the A.V. Hall conducted by Fr. Wilfred D’Souza. Attendance is compulsory.
Yogi South will have their annual get-together on Saturday, 9th December at 8.00 p.m. in the multi-purpose Hall.
The Hindi Prayer Group is organizing a Christmas Outreach Retreat next Sunday, 10th December from 5.30 p.m. to 9. p.m. in Hindi and English in the Church. The preacher is Fr. Solomon Rapol.
Senior Citizens Association will meet on Sunday, 10th December after the 5.30 p.m. Mass.
Those who had donated to the Mission Fete by cheque are requested to kindly pick up their receipts from the parish office.
The Centre for Social Action of the Archdiocese of Bombay is starting the Advent Campaign against Hunger and Disease. This year, they are focusing on Enhancing Livelihoods for vulnerable people. Donors can get 80G tax exemption. Envelopes will be provided through your zonal representative.
The Small Christian Communities will meet as follows:-
Vazira – 4th December at the residence of Caroline Coelho.
Chikoowadi – Thursday, 7th December at the residence of Simpson Almeida.
Jayraj Nagar – Saturday, 9th December at the residence of Ina D’Silva
Please check the notice board for details of the following:-
- A programme for all eligible singles of marriageable age called ‘LILAC’ on tomorrow/today from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. conducted by our parish family cell.
- Admissions for Junior K.G. at our school Don Bosco Savio Kindergarten for the academic year 2018-2019 will be on the school website ‘donboscoborivli.org’ from 1st December to 16th January.
- YOUTHSAV 2017, an evening that brings together youth from all over the Archdiocese of Bombay tomorrow/today from 3.30 p.m. onwards at St. John the Evangelist Church, Marol organized by the Diocesan Youth Centre.
- A day of Recollection during Advent specially for women on 17th December conducted by the Nirmala Niketan Sisters at Charni Road (East).
The following Marriage Banns are being published hereby:
- The First Banns of Mr. Remmy D’Souza bachelor son of Mr. Ignatius D’Souza and Mrs. Lilly D’Souza residing at Yogi Nagar, Borivali (West) and Miss Reema D’Souza, spinster daughter of Mr. Albert D’Souza and Mrs. Rita D’Souza residing at Naigaon (West).
- The First Banns of Mr. Jeff Pinheiro, bachelor son of Mr. Francis Pinheiro and Mrs. Jennifer Pinheiro residing at Old MHB Colon, Borivali (West) and Miss Kimberly Albuquerque, spinster daughter of Mr. Franklin Albuquerque and Mrs. Henriqueta Albuquerque residing at New MHB Colony, Borivali (West).
If any one finds any impediments as to why the couple mentioned above, should not be married, you are bound to inform the Parish Priest as soon as possible.
Fr. ALOYSIUS FURTADO – Parish Priest.