The English wing of the Bible Cell will meet tomorrow/today after the evening Mass.
Next Sunday, 12th November, we are happy to announce that the Shrine of Don Bosco’s Madonna , Matunga celebrates its Diamond Jubilee. For those parishioners who have given their names, the bus will leave our premises at 3.30 p.m. sharp.
Gorai 2 Zone will celebrate their Annual Thanksgiving Mass in honour of St. Martin on Sunday, 19th November at the 5.30 p.m. Mass.
Next Sunday, 19th November we celebrate the ‘World Day of the Poor’ as declared by the Holy Father, Pope Francis. To commemorate this occasion, the Archdiocese of Bombay has launched a project called ACTS (Actively Called To Serve). This is a channel for people to reach out to the less fortunate. You can actively participate by picking a donation bag next Sunday, 19th November from the parish office. Follow the checklist and fill the bag with a little love and care. It’s time to love not with words but with deeds.
Bosco Boys Home, Borivali will be organizing a mega event called YaR day on Sunday, 19th November from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in our school hall and tennis courts. About 600 children from different Salesian centres who work for children in need of care and protection will be there for a day of music, dance, drama, entertainment and meals. All are cordially invited for this programme.
The SCC Cluster Support Group presents Movie of the Month ‘Ring the Bell’ on Sunday, 19th November at 6.30 p.m. in the A.V. Hall. All parishioners are invited.
Our unit of the Bombay Catholic Sabha is organizing a Membership Drive to increase the voice of concerned Catholics in Mumbai from 4th November to 26th November. Kindly contact the BCS help desk next to the parish office.
Please check the notice board for details of the following:-
Novena Services to pray for the canonization of Venerable Fr. Agnelo D’Souza at Bandra begin on 11th November.
The Diocesan Youth Centre, Bandra is organizing YOUTHSAV 2017, an evening that brings together youth from all over the Archdiocese of Bombay on 3rd December from 3.30 p.m. onwards at St. John the Evangelist Church, Marol.
The following Marriage Banns are being published hereby:
- The Second Banns of Mr. Benston D’Souza, bachelor son of Mr. Boniface D’Souza and Mrs. Violet D’Souza residing at Orlem, Malad (West) and Miss Febrine D’Souza, spinster daughter of Mr. Francis D’Souza and Mrs. Perceline D’Souza residing at New MHB Colony, Borivali (West).
- The Second Banns of Mr. Bonaventure Kinny, bachelor son of late Mr. Francis Kinny and Mrs. Loretta Kinny from Santacruz (East) currently residing in Oman and Miss Anjali Chafe, spinster daughter of Mr. Ashok Chafe and Mrs. Mary Chafe residing at Eksar Road, Borivli (West).
- The Second Banns of Mr. Wesley Sequeira, bachelor son of Mr. William Sequeira and Mrs. Felicita Sequeira residing at Yogi Nagar, Borivali (West) and Miss Savita D’Souza, spinster daughter of Mr. Paul D’Souza and Mrs. Gracy D’Souza residing in Andheri (East).
- The First Banns of Mr. Ajit Pereira, bachelor son of Mr. Anacleth Pereira and Mrs. Meena Pereira residing at Vasai and Miss Clara Ohol, spinster dauther of Mr. Anthony Ohol and Mrs. Mandakini Ohol residing at Gorai 1, Borivali (West).
- The First Banns of Mr. Robin D’Souza, bachelor son of Mr. Elias D’Souza and Mrs. Mary D’Souza from Yogi Nagar, Borivali (West) currently residing in Hyderabad and Miss Ivy Nazareth, spinster daughter of late Albert Nazareth and Mrs. Monica Nazareth residing at Vasai (West).
If any one finds any impediments as to why the couple mentioned above, should not be married, you are bound to inform the Parish Priest as soon as possible.
The Small Christian Communities will meet as follows:-
Gorai 1 – 13th November at the residence of Sethu Selvam.
Yogi North – 13th November at the residence of Yvonne Menezes
New MHB – 14th November at the residence of Connie Martis.
Old MHB – 16th November at the residence of Fatima D’Souza.
Eksar – 16th November at the residence of Rose Marie Rodrigues.
Jayraj Nagar – 18th November at the residence of Anju D’Souza.
Fr. ALOYSIUS FURTADO – Parish Priest.