Today, we celebrate the World Day of the Poor. Make a difference by participating in the ACTS Project by the Archdiocese of Bombay. You can pick a donation bag from the SVP who will be outside the parish office after all the Masses, follow the checklist, fill the bag and drop your contribution at the office. These bags will be distributed to the less fortunate families.
Bosco Boys Home, Borivali will be organizing a mega event called YaR day tomorrow/today from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in our school hall and tennis courts. About 600 children from different Salesian centres who work for children in need of care and protection will be there for a day of music, dance, drama, entertainment and meals. All are cordially invited for this programme.
Old MHB Zone will celebrate their Annual Thanksgiving Mass in honour of the Holy Family tomorrow/today at the 10.30 a.m. Mass.
Gorai 2 Zone will celebrate their Annual Thanksgiving Mass in honour of St. Martin on tomorrow/today at the 5.30 p.m. Mass.
The SCC Cluster Support Group presents the Movie of the Month ‘Ring the Bell’ tomorrow/today at 6.30 p.m. in the A.V. Hall. All parishioners are invited.
The Parish Pastoral Council will have their meeting on Saturday, 25th November after the evening Mass.
Next Sunday, 26th November is the Solemnity of Christ the Universal King. There will be 1 Mass in the Church on Sunday morning at 7 a.m. In the evening, we shall have Masses at 3 centres. Please note the timings
- Shanti Daan at 3.30 p.m – for those living in Gorai 1, 2, and 3 Zones
- Our Lady of Velankanni school at 3.45 p.m. – for those living in Old & New MHB, Jayraj & Yogi Nagar zones
- St. Anne’s school at 4.00 p.m. for those living in Babhai, Eksar, Chikoowadi, L.T. Road and Vazira zones.
After the Mass, we shall walk in a solemn procession to the Church, where we will have the Adoration and Benediction. There will be no Sunday school this Sunday. Children will have to attend their respective zonal Mass and participate in the procession.
The English Prayer Group is organizing Advent Konkani Retreat on 3rd December from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. conducted by Fr. Rosario Vaz and team in the A.V. Hall. Registration @ Rs. 75/- per head to be given at the parish office or the English prayer group members. Retreat includes Mass in Konkani.
The Hindi Prayer Group is organizing a Christmas Outreach Retreat on Sunday, 10th December from 5.30 p.m. to 9. p.m. in Hindi and English in the Church. The preacher is Fr. Solomon Rapol.
Our unit of the Bombay Catholic Sabha is organizing a Membership Drive to increase the voice of concerned Catholics in Mumbai till 26th November. Kindly contact the BCS help desk next to the parish office.
Please check the notice board for details of the following:-
- Admissions for Junior K.G. at our school Don Bosco Savio Kindergarten for the academic year 2018-2019 will be on the school website ‘donboscoborivli.org’ from 1st December to 16th January.
- The Diocesan Youth Centre, Bandra is organizing YOUTHSAV 2017, an evening that brings together youth from all over the Archdiocese of Bombay on 3rd December from 3.30 p.m. onwards at St. John the Evangelist Church, Marol.
The following Marriage Banns are being published hereby:
- The Second Banns of Mr. Ajit Pereira, bachelor son of Mr. Anacleth Pereira and Mrs. Meena Pereira residing at Vasai and Miss Clara Ohol, spinster dauther of Mr. Anthony Ohol and Mrs. Mandakini Ohol residing at Gorai 1, Borivali (West).
- The Second Banns of Mr. Robin D’Souza, bachelor son of Mr. Elias D’Souza and Mrs. Mary D’Souza from Yogi Nagar, Borivali (West) currently residing in Hyderabad and Miss Ivy Nazareth, spinster daughter of late Albert Nazareth and Mrs. Monica Nazareth residing at Vasai (West).
If any one finds any impediments as to why the couple mentioned above, should not be married, you are bound to inform the Parish Priest as soon as possible.
Fr. ALOYSIUS FURTADO – Parish Priest.